Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Oh Praise Him Ward is Here!


A few weeks back I took the kids to school. When I got home I talked with Brian and went in the kitchen to check on Whitney. For some reason I looked at my china cabinet in the kitchen. A plate that Brian and I had got for a wedding gift just caught my eye. The plate has a picture of a woman who is on her knees praying. She has her bible in front of her. I just thought of the many times I have been on my knees like her in these past months.  I knew it had a scripture on the bottom of the plate. I walked over to see what verse it was. I had not really looked at the plate in a long time. I had no idea what verse it could be. It said "He shall hear my voice" Ps 55:17. 


I got my bible and looked it up. I wanted to know the whole scripture. "Evening, morning and noon I will pray and cry aloud and He shall hear my voice". I felt the Lord say this is for you Kim. I was so overwelmed. I felt like I had been given a gift. I could press on. So, weeks passed and I had a doctors visit in Atlanta. I was 35 weeks, so it was just a visit to check everything. On the drive to Atlanta I was not feeling great. My stomach was getting tight and my back hurt. Well, long story short I was in labor and my doctor sent me to the hospital. They could not stop the labor and my nurse said "Looks like we are going to have a birthday today." They got me ready for my cesarean. As I am walking back to the room where I will meet this baby I have been praying for, I asked the Lord for a word. I needed Him in that moment. As soon as I did I could feel Ps 55:17. It was as if the Lord was whispering in my ear. I hear your voice Kim. The days,weeks and months leading up to this day had been prayed over by so many. I was about to see this face I had been asking the Lord to heal. Over and over I had asked Him. Somedays I felt as if all I could whisper was"heal him Lord". When Ward was born I just wanted to hear his cry. He was early and I knew in my heart if I could hear a strong cry he would have that fighting spirit I had ask the Lord for. Brian was by my side as our sweet boy was born. The room was quiet as they put him on the warming table next to us. I could hear the voice of my sweet husband in my ear as he whispered prayers. At last Ward let out a very strong cry. Brian was able to look at him and they let me see him for a second. He was beautiful. He was so pink! They took him to NICU. From this point he went from Piedmont to Egleston Childrens Hospital. He had his shunt surgery the next day (diagram of shunt below). He did great. A small tube was placed under his skin behind his ear. It runs to his tummy and that is where the fluid drains. So much had happen in the past few weeks from the time of his birth to now. I have been asking the Lord to give me the words to even put down to share. I can't find them at the moment. My heart is so full and my spirit is overwhelmed. I want to hug and thank every person who prayed for us and Ward. I have never felt so engulfed by prayer and the Love of Jesus. Five days after Ward was born my sweet sister took me from the NICU with Ward to Calhoun to see my G [grandfather] in ICU. G went home to be with the Lord 6 days after Ward was born. My heart felt as if it was in a million pieces. The day of the funeral I called out to the Holy Spirit every time I felt as if I could not find another breath. It was as if he wrapped His arm around me and carried me through that time. I know the Lord gives and the Lord takes away.[Job 1:21]When we got home from 15 days in the NICU I did not even know how to feel. What had we just been through? How do I pray now Lord?  The Lord spoke to my heart as I was listening to a song by The David Crowder Band. Oh PRAISE HIM. So, that is what I have been doing. Over and over I am praising Him. For a baby that is here and healthy. A baby that the doctor asked if we wanted to abort. A baby that I hold in my arms and see a miracle. So praise Him. 

Procedure

Procedure
A small catheter is passed into a ventricle of the brain. A pump is attached to the catheter to keep the fluid away from the brain. Another catheter is attached to the pump and tunneled under the skin, behind the ear, down the neck and chest and into the peritoneal cavity (abdominal cavity). The CSF is absorbed in the peritoneal cavity.



No comments:

Post a Comment